Today is January 30th
The topic or question of the day:
Ride the Tide
Sometimes we just get a ‘little’ hungry, or a particular smell conjures up an urge for something yummy. We might be driving and pass the golden arches, Quick Trip or a Braums, and drop in because we think it’s time to refuel. Maybe we strolled into a co-workers office and saw candy on the desk. Our taste buds start salivating, and our stomachs prepare for “incoming” treats. We are not really hungry because hungry is when you are lost in a forest and haven’t eaten for days!
Do we really need to give into these cravings? When these happen, I urge you to “Ride the Tide”. Try to get through a little hunger pang and you will save yourself many calories. This is helpful when you are trying to lost weight.
Three of my favorite ‘Tide Riders’ are:
- Get out my “to do” or distraction list and pick one to complete (I usually forget about food).
- Eat a honey stick or 1 glucose tab and drink a big glass of water (only one).
- Set my phone alarm for 1 hour and see if I can deal with the hungry feeling (It usually goes away).
Tip or Quote of the day:
We access our emotions by our thinking.
Thinking verses Feelings.
Do not listen to yourself, talk to yourself and Ride that Tide!
Talk to your self
Take action today:
- Buy some honey sticks and glucose tablets (15 calories a piece)
- Write a list of distractions that take no longer than 5- 15 minutes.
- Practice ‘Riding the Tide’