Because food, food ads, the television food channels, food billboards, and “yellow arches” are in our face, subliminally we believe we need something to eat almost all the time. This has become a real problem, especially with children. The busyness of life has also contributed to our ‘grab and go’ society. We need to take a step back and learn what controlled eating is, and why we need to practice controlled eating.
“If you want to enjoy life,
pay attention to what
you are doing”
7 Reasons for Controlled Eating
1. It glorifies God when we thank Him for our food and water or pray for help
2. It frees us from food lusts and addiction
3. It makes us good stewards of our time and money
4. It makes us realize what we eat matters
5. It causes us to care for our temple, where Christ lives
6. It improves our digestion
7. We become good examples to others
“Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for
The Glory of God.”
– 1 Corinthians 10:31
Are these not good things to strive for? If so, let’s get started!
The first step if you are going to make some family changes, is to call a family meeting to explain your motives and new actions that are forthcoming.
Explain how your family has not been on a “straight and narrow” road and how together, your family will work towards a “new life.”
Take Action Today:
Call a family meeting.
Explain things are going to change.
Ask your children to name 3 of their favorite foods and write them down!
Encourage them to cooperate and help make these needed changes.
Tomorrow we will start to purge the pantry!