Today is Monday, May 26th
The Topic or Question of the day:
Acceptance, Change and Wisdom
The last blog’s quote by Reinhold Niebuhr was the Serenity Prayer. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” I often use Reinhold’s wisdom when I counsel people on diet, disease and nutrition. Three statements are made:
The acceptance of the things we cannot change.
The courage to change the things we can.
The wisdom to know the difference.
There are realities in life related to our bodies in regard to eating and the ability for movement therapy that cannot be changed. Some examples are:
- Womb experience (Epigenetics, stress of your mother, and your actual delivery)
- Environment (how you grew up eating)
- Job? Schedule? Kids? Caregiver?
- Back damage, knee damage, and immobility or a chronic disease?
- Your saboteurs (spouse, mother, friend)?
There are some choices in life that can be changed?
- I can choose to eat differently.
- I can walk during my child’s soccer or baseball practice?
- I can plan meals.
- I can pack a cooler.
- I can switch my beverage of choice.
- I can try to water walk or chair exercise.
- I can choose to forgive anything in my past.
- I can be consistent, plan and be responsible.
Quote or tip of the Day:
Contentment is a great treasure
Take Action Today:
List 3-5 things you cannot change?
LIst 3 things you can change?
Ponder what “the wisdom to know the difference” means?